Not iOS App from App Store???

I have been trying for years to find the vulnerability in my devices and I’ve come across too many but most recently I went through all of my Apps in the App Store app and looked at the “receipt” for all paid & free apps and I have 3 apps that are not iOS Apps. Facebook, YouTube & an app by Cisco I had to download for a meeting with my son’s school.

I called Apple and the only advice I got was to delete the apps & only use web version. That’s a bandaid, not a solution. And didn’t seem concerned at all with how this can even happen. I’ve only ever downloaded any app from App Store. How is this possible?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on May 29, 2024 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2024 10:33 PM

You seem to be confused.

If these apps run on an iOS device – e.g., iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – they are iOS apps (apps for the iOS platform). Otherwise, how could they run on your device?

8 replies

May 30, 2024 9:13 AM in response to o0ohlalax

o0ohlalax wrote:

I have been trying for years to find the vulnerability in my devices and I’ve come across too many but most recently I went through all of my Apps in the App Store app and looked at the “receipt” for all paid & free apps and I have 3 apps that are not iOS Apps. Facebook, YouTube & an app by Cisco I had to download for a meeting with my son’s school.

I called Apple and the only advice I got was to delete the apps & only use web version. That’s a bandaid, not a solution. And didn’t seem concerned at all with how this can even happen. I’ve only ever downloaded any app from App Store. How is this possible?

If you mean you have three apps that were not written by Apple, yes, that appears to be true. In fact, most of the Apps in the App Store were not written by Apple. The ones you have a well-known apps written by well-known developers.

It remains unclear, however, why this is an issue.

Not iOS App from App Store???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.