Your system has run out of application memory. (M2 Max)

I just purchased a Mac Studio M2 Max - 32GB RAM, 4TB.

Fresh out the box, i wanted to import my Photos Library from my old MBP to the new Mac Studio.

However, i keep running into this error (image below).

I've 3 libraries i'm trying to import one by one from an external SSD. Each about 200gb.

I have plenty of space... Plenty of RAM. Please advice.

I've tried to keep the Photos app open and just loading for 2hours, to see if it loads in the end, but there is no import, nothing.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 30, 2024 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2024 6:31 PM

It sounds like you are trying to import the 3 Photos libraries into Photos on your new Studio. What you need to do is just copy the 3 Photos libraries from the external SSD to your new Studio's drive. Use the Finder to do the copy. Then just open them (the libraries) in Photos on your Studio.

2 replies

May 30, 2024 1:54 PM in response to russellfall

How much Free Space is on the drive?

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Your system has run out of application memory. (M2 Max)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.