pancake.apple.com and questions about enterprise requirements

Hello fellow Apple community members, can you please help?

I am searching on Apple's official list of essential enterprise network requirements for information on what pancake.apple.com is or what it is used for. I can't find anything that comes officially from Apple support websites. I did find some information on Stack exchange, Reddit, and GitHub. Yet, do not see this URL listed as an enterprise requirement for firewall approval, proxy splicing, and or to approve use of certificate pinning for it. Again, I seeing this URL in the proxy logs failing connections so often I wanted to ask the community about it. If this is essential can we request that the enterprise networking Apple page (referenced below) be updated to include this URL? There is a number of websites that attempt to explain what this does, yet this URL is not included within the enterprise list from Apple officially. I do not use homesharing it is disabled and has never been activated. Can you help with an official statement? Or if possible help explain why it is not listed as an enterprise network requirement? Is this something new?

(Image: Proxy Showing Constant Failed Connections Because I have not whitelisted this URL do to the fact it is not included on the Enterprise Networking Page)

Another Item that should be added to the website below is sequoia.apple.com

Can we please update this website items seems to be missing and causing unwanted confusion in the cybersecurity community.

Ref:

Use Apple products on enterprise networks - Apple Support

iMac 24″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 30, 2024 9:18 PM

1 reply

pancake.apple.com and questions about enterprise requirements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.