icloud passwords not filling in passwords on microsoft windows edge browser

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses... driving me bonkers wanted to get some stuff done today but finding iCloud for windows is not offering to fill in my passwords using Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge. It was working previously (as recently as Wednesday 5/29/2024).

This morning it is not working- asking me to re-sign in and then after handling various problems with the two-factor authentication pop-up box disappearing immediately on my iphone (still haven't figured that one out, but I used the backup method and also clicked very quickly and remembered the code).

After successfully re-signing back in iCloud Passwords for Windows still refused to auto-fill passwords. So I installed the waiting Windows Update and waited & restarted both my computer and my iphone.

Now I can log in and see my passwords using the iCloud password manager, but the Edge browser extension still doesn't offer to auto fill (it just says my passwords are synced).

Any idea on how to fix? Or does apple just need to push out an update to the browser extension? was working OK previously (was quite slow loading the passwords, but it eventually worked).

On a separate note, I tried to find a way to ask Apple directly and there's no support option for iCloud. Not sure it makes sense to be paying $10/mo for icloud plus but no way to ask for support when things go wrong.... yeah things don't often go wrong, but when they do (and they do) would be nice to be able to find someone to help.

And since I'm on a roll here... would also be really nice to offer a firefox password extension. I am not a great fan of Edge or of Chrome, but I'm not always able to use my Mac.

FWIW, All latest updates installed- including the Windows May 29, 2024 update (KB5037853 (OS Builds 22621.3672 and 22631.3672) Preview Windows 11 version 22H2, all editions Windows 11 version 23H2, all editions).

Windows, Windows 11 (22621)

Posted on May 31, 2024 8:32 AM

There are no replies.

icloud passwords not filling in passwords on microsoft windows edge browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.