You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Teams Causing Audio Dropout?

I'm on a 2023 MacBook Pro 16" (M2 Max), running Sonoma 14.5. I have an audio issue that's been happening intermittently, but seems to be narrowed down to this scenario:

Audio (input and output) works fine system-wide, and for Zoom/Skype/FaceTime.

I participate in a MS Teams call, either through the web interface or the desktop version, and the audio works fine.

AFTER any MS Teams call, my audio output volume drops (to like a 6 out of 10?) and my audio input is so low that no one can hear me on calls -- like Zoom or FaceTime. What's odd is the sliders in System Settings haven't moved, but the entire system responds as if I've turned them down to zero -- as in, the little mic indicator doesn't react to my voice at all.

It seems like once I use Teams, the audio locks up somehow, or Teams itself takes my audio settings over. I really noticed it because I haven't had the issue for days, but today was my first Teams call in a week. Immediately after that call I had a Zoom meeting and my audio wasn't working again.

So far, the only way I've been able to get it working again is to reboot the machine, but obviously it's inconvenient to reboot every time I have a meeting. Has anyone else noticed this issue, and more importantly, has anyone come up with a permanent solution?

Looking forward to hearing your input, gang.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on May 31, 2024 1:37 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2024 1:58 PM in response to The Kwamster

I haven't had the problem myself but someone I know other people who have. Interestingly, some of them use Windows.

I assume everything (e.g. macOS, Zoom et al and Teams are updated). Zoom can occasionally be problematic to update. Sometimes you have to delete the application and re-install it.

Also, try deleting Teams and re-installing it.

Microsoft Teams Causing Audio Dropout?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.