How can I fix the black screen issue when Bootcamp tries to boot into Windows on my Mac?

I’m trying to use Bootcamp to run Windows on my mac, and it works just fine, until it tries to reboot into Windows. Almost every time it tries to boot into Windows it gives a black screen, forever. If I force restart my mac, it kills Mac OS, and Windows isn’t an option to boot into.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Jun 1, 2024 11:46 AM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2024 12:04 PM in response to Person6482

That’s a fairly common outcome with partitioning, unfortunately.

Back up everything you want to keep. All partitions.

Best case, Boot Camp Assistant can remove and re-add the Windows partition, and re-install and re-patch Windows.

Worst case, back up the contents of all partitions you want to keep, wipe it all, re-partition all, re-install macOS, and then re-partition for Boot Camp and re-install Windows.

The other approach toward booting and running Windows and Windows apps (and this is the only supported approach available on Apple silicon), is installing a virtual machine and booting Windows as a guest.

How can I fix the black screen issue when Bootcamp tries to boot into Windows on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.