Blank Screen iOS 17.5.1

I turned on the alarm the night before like always so I can wake up.

I woke up on my own anyway an hour before the alarm, so I picked up the phone to see what time it is and to turn off the alarm.

The phone was blank. The screen would not respond.

By mistake I started hitting the power button a few times over and over, and it would vibrate, but the screen remained blank. But because I pressed it so many times it thought I was calling 911, as I started to hear the emergency thing through the speaker! But the screen remained blank!

Then, I tried to do a long hold press of the power button and to see if would come back. It did not.

Somehow or other after pushing the buttons and touching the screen, pulling the power cord in and out -

it came back! I could touch the screen and it was working again! I saw that it had called 911 so I quit it, cancelled it.

But this had never happened to me before. I am on 17.5.1

Man, I panicked. I thought my phone was dead. I look after my phone, It's never been dropped, I have no scratches on it at all. I'm waiting for 16 Pro to be released September to upgrade.

Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 8:03 AM

2 replies

Jun 3, 2024 9:42 AM in response to 24Golfer

24Golfer wrote:

I turned on the alarm the night before like always so I can wake up.
I woke up on my own anyway an hour before the alarm, so I picked up the phone to see what time it is and to turn off the alarm.
The phone was blank. The screen would not respond.
By mistake I started hitting the power button a few times over and over, and it would vibrate, but the screen remained blank. But because I pressed it so many times it thought I was calling 911, as I started to hear the emergency thing through the speaker! But the screen remained blank!
Then, I tried to do a long hold press of the power button and to see if would come back. It did not.
Somehow or other after pushing the buttons and touching the screen, pulling the power cord in and out -
it came back! I could touch the screen and it was working again! I saw that it had called 911 so I quit it, cancelled it.

But this had never happened to me before. I am on 17.5.1
Man, I panicked. I thought my phone was dead. I look after my phone, It's never been dropped, I have no scratches on it at all. I'm waiting for 16 Pro to be released September to upgrade.

Thanks

If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

Blank Screen iOS 17.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.