You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay not alerting me of texts

I have a 2022 Honda pilot. Since updating to iOS 17.5.1 my text message alerts are not popping up on my screen in the car. I’ve checked my Siri settings and the car play settings

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 8:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 8:52 PM

I tried those steps and it didn't work for my iPhone 15 max. I had my son connect his older iPhone and it worked just fine. So it must be a model issue.

2 replies

Jun 3, 2024 8:50 AM in response to Yecats757

If your CarPlay is not alerting you of texts after updating to iOS 17.5.1, despite checking your Siri and CarPlay settings, here are several troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Notification Settings

- Ensure Notifications Are Enabled:

- Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.

- Make sure Allow Notifications is turned on, and ensure the alerts are set to show in the Notification Center, on the Lock Screen, and as Banners.

2. Check CarPlay Settings

- Allow Notifications for CarPlay:

- Go to Settings > General > CarPlay > [Your Car] > Customize.

- Ensure that Messages are enabled and not hidden from the CarPlay interface.

3. Check Siri Settings

- Enable Announce Messages:

- Go to Settings > Siri & Search > Announce Messages.

- Make sure **Announce Messages with Siri** is turned on, and check that the Messages app is enabled under this setting.

4. Restart Your iPhone and Car

- Restart Both Devices:

- Turn off your iPhone and restart it.

- Restart your car’s infotainment system (consult your car’s manual if needed).

5. Update Firmware

- Check for Car Firmware Update:

- Ensure your car’s infotainment system is running the latest firmware. Consult your car’s manual or contact your dealer for instructions on updating the firmware.

6. Reconnect CarPlay

- Forget and Reconnect CarPlay:

- Go to Settings > General > CarPlay > [Your Car] > Forget This Car.

- Reconnect your iPhone to your car and set up CarPlay again.

7. Reset Network Settings

- Reset Network Settings on iPhone:

- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

- Note: This will reset your Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings.

8. Check Do Not Disturb While Driving

- Ensure Do Not Disturb Is Not Enabled:

- Go to Settings > Focus > Driving.

- Make sure Driving mode is not set to activate automatically and that it isn’t interfering with your notifications.

9. Check Sound Settings

- Check Alert Volume:

- Make sure the volume for alerts and ringtones is set appropriately.

- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, and adjust the Ringer and Alerts volume slider.

10. Update iOS

- Check for Further iOS Updates:

- Go to Settings > General > Software Update to ensure you’re on the latest version of iOS.

11. Test with Another iPhone

- Verify with a Different Device:

- If possible, connect a different iPhone to your car to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your iPhone or a more general CarPlay issue.

12. Contact Apple Support

- Seek Further Assistance:

- If none of the above steps work, contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify if it’s a known issue with iOS 17.5.1.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with CarPlay not alerting you of texts.

CarPlay not alerting me of texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.