Smart Invert on MacOS

When I use Smart Invert in the Notes app on iOS/iPADOS it only inverts my PDFs and keeps the natural dark modd of the app.

But on MacOS when I invert the colors in accessibility and select smart it doesn’t work the way it does on my other devices. Is this just the way it is or is there a fix? I’vectried switching back and forth between classic/smart and neither of them only invert the colors of my PDFs in the notes app on Mac.

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 3, 2024 7:10 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2024 5:25 PM in response to storm235

Hi storm235,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "Smart Invert on MacOS:

"But on MacOS when I invert the colors in accessibility and select smart

it doesn’t work the way it does on my other devices. Is this just the way it is or is there a fix? I’vectried switching back and forth between classic/smart and neither of them only invert the colors of my PDFs in the notes app on Mac."

Seems MacOS has other ways (and more color options) to handle PDF printing tasks.

Wondering if the option below may work well for you.

Eg: Apple support's article: Print images and PDF documents in ColorSync Utility on Mac - Apple Support

says:

1. In the ColorSync Utility app on your Mac, choose File > Open, then select an image or PDF document.
  2. When the file opens, choose File > Print, then click the arrow next to ColorSync Utility to show the options (if they're not already showing).

Seems "grayscale" (black on white) is one of the options available there. (Other info / options in the above article)

All the best :-)

Smart Invert on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.