Is it normal for my iPhone 15 Pro battery to deplete to 99% in 3 months?

iPhone 15 pro ios 17.4.1 phone is 3 months old,

- I use it very carefully’

- I don't play games, I turned off all the spending functions of the iPhone!

- I do not trade my phone while the battery is charging!

- I charge only with the original adapter.

Activation 02/26/2024 recharge cycle 85

BATTERY IS ALREADY 99% 🥹 why?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 4, 2024 10:56 AM

6 replies

Jun 4, 2024 11:14 AM in response to meirambek1990

Why? Because batteries are consumable parts and with every full cycle charge a Lion battery loses its ability to hold the same charge as when brand new. Battery health decline cannot be stopped and will continue until the time the battery health declines to 80%, which it most assuredly will and then it will be time to pay Apple to put a new battery in your phone.

On average, it's normal to see 1% drop in battery health per month of ownership. You've lost 1% in 3 months, so your battery is doing better than average and thus, you have nothing to be concerned about at all.

Jun 4, 2024 11:16 AM in response to meirambek1990

Expect Battery Health to decline at an average rate of about 1% a month. That is an average. Some months it might not decline at all and other months it might drop 2%.

Your iPhone would be expected to be at about 97% after 3 months and it is is at 99%.

You are doing significantly better than average so far.

In fact, your battery might actually be 99.9%, but due to the way that Apple rounds results, this will display this as 99%, not 100%.

Is it normal for my iPhone 15 Pro battery to deplete to 99% in 3 months?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.