Integrating iPad with non-Apple world

I am struggling getting my new iPad fully functional with non-Apple apps, programs.

is there a best practices document that recommends which apps may not work on the iPad?

The Proton suite is hit and miss with compatibility and syncing. There is no way to export the proton calendar entries. I’ll need to manually enter the entries into a google calendar.

i think the best way forward is to use all Apple apps, like calendar, Safari, email, etc. Use the iPad as if it is my first device and OS.

Posted on Jun 5, 2024 9:44 PM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2024 1:45 PM in response to edspyhill05

There's no problem setting up several e-mail accounts on an iPad – pulling in e-mail and calendars from multiple sources such as iCloud and Gmail. You can have iCloud Drive, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive. There is a fairly large amount of stuff where, if you want to pile on stuff from multiple vendors, you can.

----------

The one that you need to watch out for is mixing anything else with iCloud Photos. When you use it, a request to delete a photo from any connected device (iPhone, Mac, etc.) is taken as a request to delete that photo on all of your synchronized devices, and in iCloud.

So what happens if you synchronize your iPhone's Photos library both against iCloud, and against Google Photos? Then run low on free space in the Google cloud, and start deleting photos from your iPhone, thinking that you are "only" deleting them from Google Photos or from that iPhone, and that they are safe in iCloud?

That's right, you'd be deleting your photos from iCloud Photos and every device that synchronizes with it …

Integrating iPad with non-Apple world

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.