Freeform selction tool limited options

I am not able to copy or cut any selection of handwritten text in Freeform as long as there are any images, stickers or typed text in the selection as well. The only options I get are "Select All" or "Delete". This limits my use of Freeform quite a lot as I like adding images or stickers to my mind maps and I often need to move sections between different boards.

Semi-solutions I'm not happy with:

- I saw a reddit comment suggesting creating groups and locking any images/stickers together and then selecting the text, moving that, coming back, unlocking the selection, copying that and pasting it in it's place on the new board. However, that requires a lot more effort than a simple "Copy" option does.

- I know that this is not an issue on mac, however, selection there is wonky and I usually need to spend time cleaning up the copied area from anything else I had to drag in as well.

I would prefer if I would be able to use Freeform... freely... on an iPad. I'd appreciate any help I can get!

I get this issue on both iPad mini 6. gen and iPad Pro 6. gen, both running version 17.5.1.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 6, 2024 9:30 AM

There are no replies.

Freeform selction tool limited options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.