Certain apps aren’t working

I am unsure if this is an apple issue or a wifi issue (but some help would be nice thank you!)

I have two devices (an ipad pro and an iphone 13), and on a certain wifi, lets just say my work, certain apps won’t load. I spend majority of my time at this location and cannot go home until the end of the day, which is a very short time where I am unable to do some stuff. I mainly use games (Genshin Impact) and pinterest.

For some info, genshin takes up a lot of GB and current abt ~30 GB. I looked up some solutions that did not help, like making sure you have enough storage for the updates. I do, both on regular (I have 512 GB on my ipad and 128 GB on my phone), both have enough storage to update and have the game open but both will not work. It keeps telling me unstable connection on the game.

For pinterest, my ipad just refuses to load the site saying I have no wifi connection, while on my phone it works perfectly fine (if I turn off my data the app will not work so I just use data or both)

The weird part is that majority of my other apps work. Like youtube and others. But my main concern is my ipad because of how my storage is on my phone. My home internet works fine and I’m able to access my game on there and pinterest but I was questioning if my device has a virus or that the wifi at my work is just bad (it works for everyone else but me). I’ve heard of some solutions such as changing my DNS to manual or changing the domain, not working, or installing or deleting a VPN, not working.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 6, 2024 10:30 AM

There are no replies.

Certain apps aren’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.