I am unable to update iOS on my iPhone 6s

i am having problem when am trying to update iOS software following the general procedures my iPhone 6 doesn’t have the software update option after I tap general it does not appear on my phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 2:56 PM

“doesn’t have the software update option “

And it won't, if this is an iPhone 6 and iOS 12.5.7 is already installed, as I suspect is the case.

Read carefully and you will see that so far, the OP has told us that he has an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6s. Take your pick.

sberman is assuming it's an iPhone 6 based on the other information in the post. I am as well. We may be wrong.

We won't know until the OP posts back to clarify.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2024 2:56 PM in response to Ozzie1910

“doesn’t have the software update option “

And it won't, if this is an iPhone 6 and iOS 12.5.7 is already installed, as I suspect is the case.

Read carefully and you will see that so far, the OP has told us that he has an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6s. Take your pick.

sberman is assuming it's an iPhone 6 based on the other information in the post. I am as well. We may be wrong.

We won't know until the OP posts back to clarify.

Jun 7, 2024 2:09 PM in response to yonela81

If you have an iPhone 6S as indicated by the footer here and not an iPhone 6 as indicated in your posting, then that iPhone 6S can get to iOS 15.

The usual update procedure:

What to do:

You will need a Wi-Fi connection, and cannot update (directly) using cellular. Or you can use a Mac or PC to update.

If you have Screen Time or Parental Controls enabled (IIRC, Focus isn’t available as far back as iOS 13), turn that off and check again.

If this iPhone is managed or supervised by an IT organization, check with IT for assistance.

I am unable to update iOS on my iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.