Iphone Volume Limit Missing / Minimum Volume Too Loud

Hi everyone! Hope you’re well. Wondering if anyone can advise (is there a direct-direct way to get in touch with Apple?)

I’ve had an iPhone 6S for ages, IOS recently stopped updating so I upgraded to a 12. Love everything about it bar one thing. Depending on the headphones or earphones used, the standard volume on its lowest is already too loud in-ear. I’m wearing a tatty pair of mystery-brand gaming headphones (wired) which have a volume ‘scroll’ that lets me lower the volume below the minimum, but my wired apple white earphones don’t and are too loud.

6S had a great feature where you could also set a personal limit, and I’m very conscious of my hearing.

It’s also a safety concern because if you listen to music but can’t hear around you, it could pose dangerous.

I sent a feedback form to Apple but haven’t heard anything, I just wish and hope they add the feature in.

I have forked out for apple earphones (wired) with the lightning adapter arriving tomorrow and hope they provide more leeway with the volume via the slider, but otherwise I’m stumped:

Anyone who’s experienced this issue, have you got brands of headphones and earphones that let you more freely adjust the volume?

Am aware of in-app (Spotify) settings but makes no difference with earphones.

I don’t have spare money to buy and try various pairs, and have been missing listening as much as I usually do. Earphones are much more portable and lightweight, I need headphones for long journeys.

Thanks Apple community!

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 2:28 PM

1 reply

Jun 7, 2024 8:57 PM in response to SunnyNarwhal

Hi SunnyNarwhal

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: is there a direct-direct way to get in touch with Apple?

Yes: If not already installed, you can download the Apple Support app from the App Store:

"personalized access to solutions for all of your Apple products and services"

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Else:

Online chat / phone / email etc: Contact Apple support: Official Apple Support

or

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

or

For hardware problems : Visit a nearby Apple Store for help / inspection (will give a quote if work is needed).

If you decide to visit an Apple Store:a Genius Bar reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

or

For support with brand new products or those under warranty:

Most Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty

and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support.

One stop for technical support, Apple hardware service, and software support.

Call Apple Support at 1-800-APLCARE (or use the app): AppleCare Products - Apple

For Support cases: You can sign in: Get up to date information on your repairs, reservations, and tech support cases. Purchase or register AppleCare products. And much more. My Support - Official Apple Support

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Re: "Iphone Volume Limit Missing / Minimum Volume Too Loud

my wired apple white earphones ... are too loud"

If you use Apple AirPods: You might want to check the volume level on the AirPods themselves:

Pause, skip, and adjust volume with your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

Else: Apple support have articles online that may be helpful:

See how to: Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

or

Adjust audio settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Re: "I sent a feedback form to Apple but haven’t heard anything"

Those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple will generally not reply, yet your feedback is carefully received and logged, and if others are experiencing similar issues, there may be an update that addresses them.

All the best :-)

Iphone Volume Limit Missing / Minimum Volume Too Loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.