Parental Screentime not stopping Snapchat

I've setup screentime controls for my daughter so that after 7pm her phone should go into downtime, with the only apps "always allowed" to be: Phone, Message, Facetime, Maps, Calculator, Camera and her school Classcharts.

Snapchat has it's own daily app limit and it's set to "block at end of limit". Her phone iOS is up to date, just did it before posting. Snapchat is not in the "always allowed" list (also just double checked).

However its after her downtime, all other apps are greyed out except Snapchat. She's been able to use it all day despite both the downtime and the daily limit. Parent controls were working as normal last week but since updating her Sim card to a new network she's had constant access to snapchat. Please help, your parental controls are not working as intended!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 2:19 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2024 9:21 PM in response to YorkshireRick

Screen time will not prevent the operation of Snapchat. I have read multiple threads. I have done just about everything you can, including speaking to Apple who has no answer. Considering our social dilemma with technology and the eventual demise of our youth, you would think that this would receive a top priority. Before getting my daughter a phone I read an article entitled how the iPhone ruined my child. I read it to her. She swore it would never happen. Boy was I wrong. To the Apple C-suite members, I implore you to do something about the ineffectiveness of screen time.

Parental Screentime not stopping Snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.