Why are Watch apps disappearing despite being on the whitelist in the iPhone configuration profile?

when installing a configuration profile on my iPhone which comprises an app whitelist a load of apps get hidden from the paired watch, despite having the bundle ids of these apps listed in the profile.

the profile successfully installs on my supervised iPhone and since the profile whitelists all currently installed apps, no apps on the iPhone are hidden. Yet as soon as the profile is installed, watch apps like heart rate disappear, despite com.apple.HeartRate being included in the whitelist.

does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here? Of course the bundle ids might be wrong, but I just extracted them from the App Store pages of those WatchOS apps, so they shouldn’t be.

also when you install a profile with a blocklist on an iPhone with a paired watch, iOS asks whether you want to install the profile on the iPhone or the watch. I just select iPhone in this case, because I don’t need a blocklist on my watch. However when I install a profile with a whitelist on my iPhone, iOS doesn’t ask me the same question. If it did I’d select ‘iPhone’ because I don’t want any apps on my watch to be blocked. I don’t know why they are being blocked if I’ve included them on the white list.

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 3:16 PM

There are no replies.

Why are Watch apps disappearing despite being on the whitelist in the iPhone configuration profile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.