My iPhone No Longer Shows As A Source On CarPlay

I usually don't use the CarPlay interface on my car. I just open it up and choose from a list of "Sources". But earlier this week that came to an end after the new iOS update. (17.5.1). Now the easiest way to view music on my iPhone is to turn on CarPlay. (The car is a Toyota btw). Has anyone else had this happen? Is this just how it is now?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jun 8, 2024 2:45 PM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2024 3:19 PM in response to Spookycatboy

Thank you kindly for your reply, and for letting us know things are back to normal now.

Re: "I like keeping it more simple. CarPlay is pretty and all, but choosing my phone as a Source looks more like the Music app to me".

You may want to send feedback to reach those who work behind-the-scenes at Apple, and can make changes. They will likely not reply, yet will read and log your feedback. We may see changes in future updates, if others are also sending similar feedback. Web-form for feedback: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Jun 11, 2024 6:11 PM in response to Spookycatboy

Hi, and welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "My iPhone No Longer Shows As A Source On CarPlay"

Seems the car manufacturers may also update the firmware on their car-carplay-interface.

You may be able to check in the car manual for how to check for, and install updates.

or

Found a Toyota video online (seems it was put on YouTube 5 years ago though)

"Know Your Toyota | How to Complete a Firmware Update on Toyota Vehicles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqbt1DM4XxQ

All the best :-)

My iPhone No Longer Shows As A Source On CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.