Both Bootcamp and MacOS partitions unable to open

I’m locked out of my MacBook Air 2016 due to the firmware password. I remember seeing it a few days ago, but I don’t remember setting it, and it’s none of the passwords I normally use. The nearest Apple Store is hours away. Any startup command I try lead to the file with the question mark. I had installed bootcamp on a usb hard drive but it leads to the recovery loop in windows so I can’t even access that and get stuck on the blue logo screen. The options that window gives to recover do not work. I was thinking since I can’t get into Mac, I could try fixing the bootcamp usb but I have no idea where to begin. I have another Mac in case I need it to fix the usb. I’d appreciate help thanks!l

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 8, 2024 7:02 PM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2024 9:29 AM in response to Sadelaide

I would suggest contacting the Apple Store first to confirm exactly what proof of purchase & personal ID will be acceptable so they can help you unlock the laptop. Apple is very particular about what they will accept so best to make sure you have the proper items before traveling hours to find out you need something else.

Both Bootcamp and MacOS partitions unable to open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.