Assistance Needed with Changing Country/Region in iPhone Settings

I am currently experiencing an issue while attempting to change the country/region setting on my iPhone. The system requires me to enter a payment method, but I do not have a debit card or any other suitable payment method available at the moment.

Could you please assist me in changing the country/region without adding a payment method? Any help or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 10, 2024 12:08 PM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2024 1:58 PM in response to nidhall

You're going to need that payment method, usually a credit or debit card issued in the country to which you are changing account. Apple is pretty firm about that. I could see that it would indeed prove that you are resident in the other country and not just somebody trying to get around regional licensing restrictions limiting you to what is available in your own country's App and iTunes Stores.

The support article Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this.

Jun 10, 2024 6:59 PM in response to AlWeir

AlWeir wrote:

Two places to look are Payment & Subscriptions and Media & Purchases. I don't set mine up on a iPhone but rather on a Mac

The problem isn't where to set up a payment method but the fact that the OP does not have a payment method that Apple is requiring.

If you set up a payment method on a Mac it is automatically set up on the iPhone too. It is on your account which is on everything signed into the account.

Assistance Needed with Changing Country/Region in iPhone Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.