How do I delete an autofill email address

I made a typo as I typed in a new email address adding a < to the end of the address, I can’t find a any way to delete this address.

i use iOS mail via iPhone,iPad MacBook. Using windows, previous delete provides a a remove but then the old incorrect address reappears as soon as I type in the correct address. The error seems to be embedded in iCloud somewhere. Any ideas how to correct this problem. Apple seems to have history here

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 10, 2024 10:32 PM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2024 9:18 AM in response to nrj101

As you posted in an iMac desktop forum, I can address the macOS side of the question. In Apple Mail:

1) Open Apple Mail and go to Windows > Previous Recipents:

2) In the resulting window you can select and remove individual addresses that are incorrect or bothersome:

The iOS Force is not strong in me and I do not see a similar function in Mail on my iPhone, either in the app nor Settings. Might need to ask in the iPhone or iPad forums for that one. It's possible that if your Mail on the Mac is linked with Mail on your iOS devices through iCloud, that may handle it.

How do I delete an autofill email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.