No touchpad and keyboard on Windows 10 with bootcamp

After installing and booting into windows 10 on MBP 16 2019, The built in touchpad and keyboard don't work, so I get stuck on windows 10 setup menu. What can I do?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 3:00 AM

2 replies

Jun 12, 2024 2:16 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you for your answer. I found a solution. Please upvote so everyone having this issue can see

What I have done.

after connecting a BT mouse and a keyboard via Baseus hub, it was ok, but in the middle of setup process I caught a BSOD and autorestart to macOS.

I tried without hub, and no trackpad and keyboard were working again, but after 3-4 mins waiting on first setup screen, I caugt a BSOD again! Without any action!

So I find out, that bootcamp somehow has a conflict with ANY plugged in device, because in all the times before, my MB was plugged to charger

So I have started the process from the very beginning without any external device, even charger.

This time there was no BSOD, but no trackpad and keyboard either. So I force restarted after the first setup screen of windows, booted to windows again with option key and everything worked well

Thanks for your support

No touchpad and keyboard on Windows 10 with bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.