How to add dropbox to finder on Mac?

I've installed the Dropbox app, but I can't seem to get it to appear in the Finder sidebar for easy access. I've tried restarting my Mac and reinstalling the Dropbox app, but no luck so far. Checked Finder preferences under the Sidebar tab, but there’s no option for Dropbox.

What's the way to solve this issue?

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 7:50 AM

You need to look for an option to enable Finder integration. It's usually found in the app's settings or preferences menu. Once integration is enabled, open Finder and locate the cloud service under "Locations" in the sidebar. Drag the cloud service folder to the sidebar to add it for easy access. Now access your cloud storage files directly from Finder. Any changes made in Finder will sync with your cloud storage. It's gonna work.

The second way, it's more user friendly in terms of working with cloud storage services, you can access and manage files from different cloud accounts all in one place, still via Finder.

Otherwise, you could always revert to the first way, which is not the most practical, but always works.

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2024 7:50 AM in response to Kylefoden

You need to look for an option to enable Finder integration. It's usually found in the app's settings or preferences menu. Once integration is enabled, open Finder and locate the cloud service under "Locations" in the sidebar. Drag the cloud service folder to the sidebar to add it for easy access. Now access your cloud storage files directly from Finder. Any changes made in Finder will sync with your cloud storage. It's gonna work.

The second way, it's more user friendly in terms of working with cloud storage services, you can access and manage files from different cloud accounts all in one place, still via Finder.

Otherwise, you could always revert to the first way, which is not the most practical, but always works.

[Edited by Moderator]

How to add dropbox to finder on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.