Complicated Apple ID saga

I had my screen changed by a phone-fix guy.

I noticed a few unwelcome developments almost 24 hours after he’d done with the fix…..

I notified him about it so he asked me to come over so he could review my complaints about the device..

I went over gave him the phone and left him to do his thing.. he eventually reset the settings of my phone without my consent and I wasn’t aware of it.

upon retrieving my phone from him I noticed that my wallpaper had gone to the device's default wallpaper.

and soon my device requested I enter my password for my Apple ID… I entered wrongly… I hadn’t realized I couldn’t remember it until after several trials …

Apple finally locked me out and has been requesting I recover via my RECOVERY KEY.. which also I don’t have access to .. and I can’t log in with a new or different Apple ID without first turning off Find my iPhone via still the same forgotten password which all brings me back to RECOVERY KEY..

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 8:15 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2024 2:20 AM in response to IneedHelpPleaseAsap

Didn't you ever set up a recovery key? A recovery key is meant to secure your account in times like these and will disable all other login methods.

If you're sure that the phone repair person has something to do with this go back to them to get further support

You can also try to enroll in account recovery:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Complicated Apple ID saga

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.