How to stop alerts "updates not installed"?

In the evening, I take my MacBook Air with me to bed. (I know, bad habit)

During the day I got asked to install updates on this MacBook Air and I always choose "try tonight".

But as you guessed it, tonight means that it's not plugged in with the power adapter so in the morning, I get a bunch of "Alert from updates not installed". There are a few visual messages that popup but even if I dismiss them, the voice keeps repeating this message.

My current fix is to switch off the sound or to reboot but I was wondering if there isn't a better way to stop this? Perhaps in the Terminal?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 11:42 PM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2024 2:59 AM in response to BassPlaya

User wrote " But as you guessed it, tonight means that it's not plugged in with the power adapter so in the morning, I get a bunch of "Alert from updates not installed"."

User wrote " My current fix is to switch off the sound or to reboot but I was wondering if there isn't a better way to stop this? "

Manually and when the computer Is Plugged Into the charger and charger to electrical wall socket

Run the Software Update applet

Generally, updating a computer while Only on Battery Power can be a risky adventure

Should the Battery Loose enough Power during the download and subsequent Installation

You could find the computer not functioning or not function at all

Personally, I would not take such a risk with this expensive piece of equipment

How to stop alerts "updates not installed"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.