M2 MAC Mini (Base Model) Keeps Crashing in the middle of the night after going to sleep

M2 MAC Mini (Base Model) Keeps Crashing in the middle of the night after going to sleep.

I have dual monitors connected to it. I have had it for 3 weeks and it has been crashing every day since then.

It crashes every night. I even took it to the Apple store twice! I got tired of it and just requested a refund from Amazon. Got a new one last night. Set it up and guess what!?

Woke up this AM to the same thing on the NEW Mac Mini. So this has to be something happening to a lot of folks. My question is what is Apple doing about it!?

Now I have to return this one and get another one. But not the Mac Mini M2. Might go to a Macbook Air M3 instead. Hopefully it does not happen with that one.

Any ideas here folks?

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 8:21 AM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2024 8:23 AM in response to 123213213213asda

The latest macOS settings and features are causing issues for automatic and manual computer sleep.

Some systems crash and force a restart, others freeze up and are unresponsive.

As a test:

Turn on "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" and only allow the display to turn off.

Leave the Mac ON during the day and only allow the display to turn OFF after 10 or 15 minutes.

Then shut down for longer periods of non-use, like overnight if desired.

M2 MAC Mini (Base Model) Keeps Crashing in the middle of the night after going to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.