ipad pro screen is messed up after 2 years (never dropped and well taken care of)

I don’t have applecare unfortunately because it expired. Is there any way to fix these issues? it’s getting annoying because the stuck pixels won’t go away no matter what and seem to actually be spreading while the yellow spots come and go.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 2:41 PM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2024 3:49 PM in response to juiceq

Screen issues like this will eventually require repair (which with Apple for iPads typically means having it replaced with the same model for in your situation the out of warranty fee). You can check the following link for costs associated with your specific iPad model.

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Otherwise if the issue is too troublesome for you to deal with and replacement price is more than you want to pay for a replacement unit that is refurbished you may want to consider upgrading to a new iPad.

Jun 13, 2024 3:07 PM in response to juiceq

I don't think this problem can be fixed, but I can give some possible causes:

1. Normal display damage. Overtime, pixels in a display can die.
  2. Software issue.
  3. An app displayed those yellow pixels continuously in just that portion, and it became stuck.

On some older display technologies, such as LCD, there is a process called "LCD conditioning" available that displays fixed colors repeatedly for long durations. You could try that, but it may not work, or may not be available.

ipad pro screen is messed up after 2 years (never dropped and well taken care of)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.