Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

How to retrieve my old photos that were lost post update?

I synced my photos after an update but then most off my photos disappeared so abt a month later I tried getting My photos back by clicking on the oldest back up but there was only one back up which is from today so does that mean I cant get them back?, most of them fotos are really important too me so it is really sad seeing them disappear If anyone can help me with my problem I would really appreciate it Thanks Very Much, Sincerely Gio

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 10:44 PM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2024 11:02 AM in response to fknpssy

Unfortunately, iPhone backups to either iCloud or a Mac do not have the version feature that Time Machine does. Each backup replaces the previous one and only represents what's currently in the iPhone. There's no going back in time to find a particular photo that may have been deleted by accident.

If you don't have a Mac to store your iPhone photos in the Mac's Photos library you might look into ThePhotoStick which will let you store your photos from an iPhone to a portable drive with the appropriate software.

Jun 14, 2024 5:25 PM in response to Old Toad

One day I decided I was going too update my phone I did then I backed it up Than it asked me if I wanted too sync photos os something like that I clicked yes but than half my photos disappeared, So now approximately a month later I tried getting them back by resetting the phone and clicking on that specific backup, But there was only 1 which was from yesterday so does that mean I can’t retrieve my old photos?

How to retrieve my old photos that were lost post update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.