Will Apple introduce a FCPX tool which uses AI to smart cut multicam clips so we cut to whoever is speaking? (for video podcast).

Premier Pro (which I don't use) has an add-on AI feature where it cuts multi-cam clips automatically so we see whoever is speaking. Amazing for video podcasts and interviews. Will FCPX get something like this? I really want to resist moving over to PP...

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 11:34 PM

4 replies

Jun 14, 2024 1:27 AM in response to gimmevideo

We have no idea what Apple chooses to implement.

I would not see automatic cutting to whoever is speaking as a very enticing feature, though. It seems too mechanic to me, but if that is useful to you, then you may want to weigh all the pros and cons. Despite many features present in other NLE, for me FCP is still the preferred one; but options are good to have. DVR, PP are fine NLE too.

Jun 14, 2024 7:27 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It would save tons of time, giving you the cuts to start with. Then you just roll them where you want them. Would be a great time saver. I do this a lot and have been wanting this type of function for a long time. Or at least place markers to identify when a specific face in on screen. I'd also like to have a function that places a marker every time a specific person looks down at there notes, as I have to place that text on screen a lot. But, with AI coming, I'm sure in another 11 years we'll get something like it. And lets face it, talking heads are simply mechanical edits to start with.

Jun 18, 2024 10:45 AM in response to gimmevideo

You may be talking about the third-party plugin "AutoPod", which is unique to Premiere Pro. It's subscription-only, and costs $30 per month -- just for that plugin. Is that what you're asking for on FCP?

I agree it would be nice if Apple added something like that for free to FCP. However there are some straightforward ways to streamline a podcast edit on FCP. In Youtube, just search for "Mastering Video Podcast Editing In Final Cut Pro."

Will Apple introduce a FCPX tool which uses AI to smart cut multicam clips so we cut to whoever is speaking? (for video podcast).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.