Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

German Language Bug FCP/Motion/Compressor

Hi All

I have noticed that the command set in FCP/Motion/Compressor has been changed to German, and I cannot change it back to English, I tried command + and this does change the command set from German to English, but the change is not persistant.

Normal

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 6:38 AM

4 replies

Jun 14, 2024 6:58 AM in response to justine-paula32

I suppose that your keyboard layout in macOS is not set to German, right?

There were a few people complaining about this a few months ago, but AFAICR there was no final resolution to that. It is still a mystery why a small number of users get the German keyboard in there, despite everything else working correctly.

The upshot is that, although this is annoying, it is nothing but cosmetic except for very few keyboard shortcuts - those that would require modifiers like Option in German but not in English. Otherwise, it does not affect how the shortcuts work. For example, you can assign something to Command-Y using that commands window above, and it will work when you press Command-Y (even though your Y key is at the top row, and not the bottom left).

Jun 14, 2024 7:19 AM in response to justine-paula32

Non-functional only if you want to change some shortcuts.

It works fine to use Command-Control-Shift-Y, for example. Just set it and try.

What does not work is things like Command-[ because you can't type [ without using a modifier in the German keyboard.

To claim that the application becomes non-functional is more than a stretch. It's a lie.

German Language Bug FCP/Motion/Compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.