Mismatched proxy and original compound clips

Hey team, got a weird problem I can't seem to fix.

While editing some footage from my capture card, I realized the audio had gotten desynced from the video somehow. To address this, I separated the audio from the video in the timeline, shifted it back into alignment, and then recombined the audio and video into a compound clip. Seemed to get the job done, and I was happy with that.

I finally watched the final, exported version of the project, and every clip taken from the footage that originally got desynced was off again. Once I started digging, I realized it was because the changes I made and saved in a compound clip were to the proxy files. When played back or exported from original media, it's as if the audio was never adjusted.

Another piece of info: I went into the compound clip, switched to Original Media view, and started sliding the video component around again trying to resync it with the audio. (The audio timing is "correct" for how I edited the project, but the video is off.) I started flipping back and forth between the Original view and the Proxy view to see how I was doing on matching the timing, and I realized the adjustments I was making were being mirrored on the proxy file as well. So the closer I got the alignment on the Original, the more it drifted off in the Proxy.

Is there an elegant way to fix this? I'm a little puzzled that the changes I made in the timeline on the proxy media weren't replicated in the original media.

Appreciate any wisdom from the crowd on this 🙏🏻

iMac (M1, 2021)

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 9:18 AM

There are no replies.

Mismatched proxy and original compound clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.