Default paper size reverts to Index card 8.5x11 in MS Word for every new document I create

I noticed that someone posted a similar problem to the community in 2020 and no one answered. Has anyone else experienced this problem in the past four years?

Since I updated my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 - my iMac has defaulted to Index card 8.5x11 in MS Word

No matter what I do, the default paper size is Index Card 8.5x11. My printer settings show US Letter as the default. The problem seems to be in the Layout tab on the tool bar, where it always shows the Index Card setting when I check. When I want to print with my HP printer and set it to two-sided, it always warns me about the Index Card paper. Then I have to go back and change the paper size in the document. It's a bother to remember to set the paper size every single time I start a new document. Does anyone know how to fix the problem in MS word?

iMac Pro (2017)

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 11:20 AM

1 reply

Default paper size reverts to Index card 8.5x11 in MS Word for every new document I create

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.