Can I use Apple News+ on both my MacBook Air and iPhone with same user ID?

I have the same user id for MacBook Air and iPhone. The News app is on the iPhone and I would also like it to be on the Mac. Is this possible?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 7:30 AM

Thank you for your replies

I've tried everything that was suggested. I also found out that maybe my region (Isle of Man), which is not part of the UK, is not able to access Apple News.

18 replies

Jun 19, 2024 1:40 PM in response to Noxando

It shouldn't matter where you are, you need to go to Finder (last icon on the left) of your Dock. Then Link your iPhone to your Mac with charging cable, as if you were charging your phone from your MacBook then look in your side bar on MacBook and your phone will be listed under location if you get no joy with your IOM location try Northern Ireland or Eire, it'll ask if you trust the MacBook on your phone just hit trust, then it will ask you on your MacBook that an iPhone is trying to connect to your MacBook it might be out with the location but it is your phone, press Allow then it may give you a 6 digit code on your phone and 6 boxes to enter on your MacBook enter it then it will ask if you want to Sync the phone and will then press Sync on the Mac and let it load and sync together when finished everything you do on your iPhone will appear on your MacBook, ie. Photos, iMessages and Emails plus your News that you want to access. I hope that is of help to you if not get in touch on here and explain where you are up to and I will try to help.

Jun 20, 2024 1:01 AM in response to Firebones

Hello Firebones

I’ve synced and backed up the phone but no joy.

I don’t think it would copy the app as the app for the iPhone is not compatible for the Mac.

What I don’t understand is why when I select, on the Apple website when advertising “News” is that the “address is not available”

Thanks again for your assistance

Jun 15, 2024 4:39 PM in response to Noxando

It should be if you have clicked on news on your MacBook Air then it will be enabled you only pay for it on one either iPhone or MacBook which is hared through your iCloud, if not go to finder and you'll see your iPhone you need to plug the charging lead into your MacBook and you will be asked if it's trusted tap yes same on your MacBook then you enter the number from your Phone that apple sends you on your MacBook then press sync, then wait until it's finished then tap on where it says your phone name in the sidebar to unconnect the iPhone properly.

Can I use Apple News+ on both my MacBook Air and iPhone with same user ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.