itunes no longer recognizes audio cd for import on mac

I buy a lot of CDs at music festivals and import them into my itunes (now Music?) library so I can listen to them anywhere. Suddenly (it's been a few months since my last import), itunes does not recognize the audio cd. Interestingly, the audio cd pops up into the itunes browser for about a second and then disappears. I've tried this with multiple new CDs (and some that are new to me but I bought previously owned) and none of them are appearing. I am on a mac. Help!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 8:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2024 8:26 AM in response to lhill2110

I have an update on this question. I was able to get a couple of CDs to read (I restarted the computer and then I was able to "see" the audio CD in itunes) but every one got the following error as soon as I tried to import. The very first song gets a red x next to it and a pop up says: "error occured while converting the file "song name". An unknown error occurred (-54). This occurs for every CD. What's interesting is that I got this error trying to import a CD I bought from Amazon last month. I returned the CD thinking that it was the problem. Something seems very broken with my software.

itunes no longer recognizes audio cd for import on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.