Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5300M

4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630

1536 MB

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

SSD

macOS 14.5 (23F79)

My review:

When I use three tabs of Opera, or even I close the browser, my mackbook lagging as ****. Then temperature increases. I couldn't even type text properly. During those lagging I use pretty simple apps like Opera (3 tabs), Figma (2 tabs or even none), and Telegram. When I translate my screen via google meet, lags are increasing. This happen not rarely, but permanently. To solve a little bit that problem, I restart macbook or add new device to cool the macbook. Thank you for any suggestion.

Could anyone give me some tips on how to fix this issue? In my view, it's issue with hardware.

Etrecheck logs

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 9:06 AM

5 replies

Jun 16, 2024 10:29 AM in response to Anthony_pnpn

I would completely uninstall all your multiple VPNs (I see Tunnelblick, Wireguard ...). Clearly your issues are related to internet access, as they spring up when you run a browser. VPNs are prime suspects for that. Having multiple ones is sometimes asking for trouble. I suggest not using VPN at all and completely uninstalling them all. Then retest. There may be incompatibilities with Opera.

You can also get some clues by booting into safe mode and seeing if the Mac behaves better. Also, try creating a new user, log out of the current user and try the new user.

Etrecheck showing performance "poor" means something very serious is going on. The good news is that when it's that big a "signal," it should be easy to track down.

Jun 17, 2024 7:06 AM in response to etresoft

Thank you for the reply. I agree with your assumption. It's likely a problem with the hardware that's triggering some issues with macOS. It could be the thermal paste or an issue with the battery. There's still a chance that the problem isn't with the hardware but with the software. When I bought the MacBook, I wasn't satisfied with the performance, but I was trying to save resources until it started even when a load isn't heavy. For instance, when I share my screen during a meeting, the MacBook starts lagging so badly that I can't even type a word quickly. Also, when I'm trying to record a screen using OBS. After 15 minutes of recording my macbook starts lagging.

Poor performance, lagging when active only one page of browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.