Help Needed: Recovering Permanently Deleted Photos from MacBook Without Backup

Hi

I imported photos from my iPhone to my MacBook. After that, I deleted the photos from my iPhone. Unfortunately, some of my very precious photos got deleted from my Mac as well. I don’t have those photos in the Recently Deleted folder or the Bin; they got deleted from there as well. This happened last week, and I had not set up a Time Machine backup at that time. Can someone please help me and suggest a way to recover my deleted photos? They are very important and precious.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 2:05 PM

It sounds like your photos are gone for good ("permanently deleted").

If you were using iCloud Photos to synchronize your iPhone and your Mac, deleting them on either device would have deleted them everywhere. There would be no point in restoring any of your iPhone's backups. (If you have iCloud Photos enabled, the iPhone considers it to be backup, and excludes photos from its regular backups.)

If you weren't using iCloud Photos, and you were making backups that included photos, then restoring the phone from a backup might get some of your photos back. It would also cause you to lose other data. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the system is set up to let you selectively restore only part of the data in a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2024 2:05 PM in response to swarnimayadav

It sounds like your photos are gone for good ("permanently deleted").

If you were using iCloud Photos to synchronize your iPhone and your Mac, deleting them on either device would have deleted them everywhere. There would be no point in restoring any of your iPhone's backups. (If you have iCloud Photos enabled, the iPhone considers it to be backup, and excludes photos from its regular backups.)

If you weren't using iCloud Photos, and you were making backups that included photos, then restoring the phone from a backup might get some of your photos back. It would also cause you to lose other data. I could be wrong, but I don't believe the system is set up to let you selectively restore only part of the data in a backup.

Help Needed: Recovering Permanently Deleted Photos from MacBook Without Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.