Playing a song by double-clicking it from an album view shuffle plays from the whole library

Example: I access the album "The Wall" from my library. I then double-click a specific song I want to listen to. then, my queue has a whole bunch of music from all across my library when I just want to listen to what is next in the album! How do I fix this?

In this example, I accessed this album from my Music library and double-clicked on song no. 6(Overgrowth), expecting to listen to the rest of the album after it plays. However, as the queue shows, that clearly won't happen, with no option to turn autoplay(which is the probable cause of this) off anywhere, not even in the settings window for Music.

However, as you can see, when I start the album from the red "Play" button to the right of the album art and THEN skip to the song I want through the queue, this doesn't happen. HOW DO I MAKE THIS STOP?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 12:14 PM

There are no replies.

Playing a song by double-clicking it from an album view shuffle plays from the whole library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.