I cannot connect my wife's iPod touch 7th generation, version 15.8.2 to my existing HomePod network (both on the same wifi network)

I set-up 2 HomePod minis with my iPhone. I have tried to connect my wife's iPod to the mini speakers by adding her (with her iCloud email address) to iCloud Family. When I send an "invite", an error message appears: "Cannot send invitation. You can add people using an iCloud account email address with Home enabled"

I'm stumped!

iPod touch

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 12:41 PM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2024 2:19 PM in response to merje

The software is too old to support HomeKit. This is likely because you Upgraded to the new Home architecture in the Home App recently or the past year. Invites won’t work and AirPlay to HomePods and the Home App can’t be used on this device.

“Any device that is connected to an upgraded home and not running the latest software will lose access to the home until the device is updated. This includes people that you invite to control your home.”

I cannot connect my wife's iPod touch 7th generation, version 15.8.2 to my existing HomePod network (both on the same wifi network)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.