no resolution for locked appleid

Wrong password entered and locked out 1 month ago. Attempted resets (at least 8 times) failed. This AppleID is signed in nowhere. I have even taken batteries out of AirTags, checked broken devices, etc etc. Even the apps that were purchased using this appleid are signed out just in case. I never get a message or automated phone call to state that I am able to access the account or renew the password. I simply recheck Iforgot and I have to go through the process all over again. Apple support only provides emotional support from their senior advisors stating they will go through this process with you. To their credit, they do this but the outcome has always been the same. There has been very little trouble shooting and each time they say they will do their checks, but who knows if there is actually anything they are doing at all. There is no one with higher up authority who I can get help from. I ask them to raise this as an issue that needs to be sorted by their engineers but they say no one can do anything about this!

I am at a loss and will probably have to ditch my purchased apps using the appleid and create a new one entirely. Waste of money, waste of many hours of my time. I feel very let down by this company and will move on once my devices need renewing.

If anyone has found an answer fir this issue, I would be most grateful for help.

Posted on Jun 15, 2024 3:38 PM

4 replies

Jun 15, 2024 6:21 PM in response to Limnos

I do not even get any text messages or missed calls, absolutely nothing. If I check the Iforgot website, the unlock request is still processing after 2 days. After 3 days, it is no longer processing and the webpage just takes me back to the reset request again. One of the Apple senior advisors told me the notification system does not work, and I should just be able to do a simple reset after the waiting period, but no, this does not happen for me.

no resolution for locked appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.