How can I separate certain photos from my family photos on iPhone?

I store family photos and day-to-day snapshots on my iPhone, but I also store some glamour photos for my business - maybe 10% of the total collection. I don’t want people to inadvertently see glamour when they were meant to see family, etc. Like numerous other members, I want to separate them, and thought albums would be the way to go. I now understand that photos are not MOVED to albums, and that the album only contains pointers. Short of putting all my “public” photos in an album, can anyone suggest a way round this problem? A final point: there are several glamour albums, not just one.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 12:53 AM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2024 1:54 AM in response to Photobreaks

To separate certain photos from your family photos on your iPhone while keeping them private, you can use the following methods:

Method 1: Use the Hidden Album

1. Hide Photos:

- Open the Photos app.

- Select the photos you want to hide.

- Tap the share icon and then select "Hide."

2. Access Hidden Album:

- Go to Albums and find the "Hidden" album at the bottom.

You can also make the Hidden album itself less accessible by hiding it from the Photos app:

- Go to Settings > Photos.

- Toggle off "Hidden Album."

Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps

1. Download a Private Photo Vault App:

- Apps like "Private Photo Vault" or "Keepsafe" allow you to store photos securely.

2. Move Photos to Vault:

- Import the photos you want to keep private into the app.

Method 3: Use Notes with Password Protection

1. Add Photos to Notes:

- Create a new note and add the photos you want to hide.

2. Lock the Note:

- Tap the share icon in the note and choose "Lock Note." Set a password.

Method 4: Use Albums Differently

1. Create Public Albums:

- Create albums for your public photos.

2. Move Photos to Public Albums:

- Organize your public photos into these albums.

This way, you can use the "Recents" album for your personal use and direct people to specific albums to see family photos.

Using these methods, you can effectively separate your glamour photos from your family photos and control who sees what on your iPhone.

How can I separate certain photos from my family photos on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.