How can I reset my Apple ID password?

Password reset

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 3:00 AM

2 replies

Jun 16, 2024 4:34 AM in response to dhruvrajsinh34

Exactly how you change your password depends upon if this is an adult or a child, and the equipment you have. Click on this link to learn how to change your Apple ID password --> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support or Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

This is how you change your Apple ID password on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch:

1. Tap Settings > your name > Password & Security.

2. Tap Change Password.

3. Enter your current password or device passcode, then enter a new password and confirm the new password.

Forgot your password? Go to --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

4. Tap Change or Change Password.

If Apple tries sending you a verification email and you do not receive it, read this support article --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

This Apple article has instructions for what to do if you have forgotten your Apple account password —> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (go to this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. To get into account recovery use the options in small blue letters underneath the fields for entering your account information. More detail in —> Activation Lockout Issues - Apple Community

If you still need help this page provides country-specific Apple Support contact information ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

How can I reset my Apple ID password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.