Cannot access mail app on my Mac

I gave up man. For some reason I can’t access the mail app on my MacBook Air, it has been like this for almost a year. I can access it on my other devices just fine, including my iPhone.

This is what pop ups on Mac: 

And yeah when I go to the Get Info window, something worse happens:

Like, what does this even mean. I own this Mac and there isn’t other “administrator”.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 3:46 AM

12 replies

Jun 16, 2024 4:59 AM in response to maraim666

maraim666 wrote:

I gave up man. For some reason I can’t access the mail app on my MacBook Air, it has been like this for almost a year. I can access it on my other devices just fine, including my iPhone.

This is what pop ups on Mac: 

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0415b297-040f-4991-9f8e-101cd7276267

And yeah when I go to the Get Info window, something worse happens:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/3257b8cf-ac19-435b-8fcc-e24d75225b7f
Like, what does this even mean. I own this Mac and there isn’t other “administrator”.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

As per your image above >>

Macintosh HD • System • Library Perl • Extras • 5.3

It should read like > > 

Macintosh HD >>  User Name  >> Library >> Mail 

How it became >> Macintosh HD • System • Library • Perl • Extras • 5.3 appears that Home Brew has mucked up this confirmation

Jun 17, 2024 1:47 AM in response to maraim666

maraim666 wrote:

Thank u for the response.

mucked up? Is this even possible. The situation is just weird to me

tho, i think i did find a solution.

https://youtu.be/P8L6l068q-s?si=q9ybRgRKDaLt7ewX

i don’t think i will attempt it, for some reason i’m afraid it will mess sth up. everything else is working fine

what do u think of it pls?

If the previous assessment is correct.

There are a lot of things on this computer that are been Highly Modified

The next suggestion is not been put forth lightly

Would suggest,   rom this link Use Disk Utility to erase a Mac with Apple silicon.

For Intel computer >> Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac followed by How to reinstall macOS

Thereafter to start from scratch and install all Required Applications directly from the Apple Apps Store or Directly from the Developer.

If going this route - I suggest Not using Startup Assist to migrate things back .

This will probably Re-Introduce the Existing  issue back into the computer

Jun 16, 2024 6:38 PM in response to maraim666

One thing that I am not seeing is your name in the Get Info at the very bottom. You should have maryam in there with Read &Write. Your going to click on the little lock on the bottom. You are going to need your Mac oassword to do so so you can put your name in there.

Once you click on the Lock this dialogue box should pop up. Enter your Mac password and click ok.

Now this little box should appear. If you are not the Admin then click on your name

Jun 17, 2024 1:26 PM in response to PRP_53

Oof, you are correct I messed up sth, but… I literally don’t have the “mail” in my Maryam library…..

“If I follow Macintosh HD >> User Name >> Library >> Mail”

---

-

I either have shifted or deleted the "mail" file from Maryam, because it was working fine when I bought my Mac. I don't think someone else (or the system itself) did that.

what next step can I do next? to bring back the mail to "Maryam" pls?

Jun 17, 2024 2:11 PM in response to PRP_53

Also, I think I found the mail file, but not in Maryam, it is in the “system”. I also can’t do nothing about.

They telling me that “The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission” every time I try to change any of the privileges, or try to add myself.

--

---

-

Not sure if this is actually the “main” mail file, looks weird just like u said? I mean the "Macintosh HD • System • Library • Perl • Extras • 5.3" thingy

Jun 17, 2024 1:51 PM in response to maraim666

The email account uses POP Protocol or does it use IMAP Protocol

If the second of the two

The emails will still be located on the email server

If POP, the emails are removed from the Server and are Only Located On the Computer

To TEST which protocol, using your Web Browser, log into the website of your email account

Check if the emails are still there

Cannot access mail app on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.