Not Sure Whether to get M3 MacBook Air or M3 Pro MacBook Pro

I'm considering purchasing a MacBook from Windows and I’m not sure what to get. I'll probably be doing moderate things on My MacBook like playing Minecraft and games like that, editing a good amount of 4K videos for my YouTube channel, having some Spotify playing and having a decent amount of apps, running in the background. In the future, though I will maybe have more intense apps running on a MacBook. Not really sure though. The problem with the MacBook Air though is that there is no cooling fan and that definitely is essential for every laptop. So that means the MacBook Air will get way hotter more quickly than the MacBook Pro. Not sure which MacBook I should get.

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 5:28 AM

2 replies

Jun 16, 2024 8:37 AM in response to CoreCraftedTech

CoreCraftedTech wrote:

I'm considering purchasing a MacBook from Windows and I’m not sure what to get. I'll probably be doing moderate things on My MacBook like playing Minecraft and games like that, editing a good amount of 4K videos for my YouTube channel, having some Spotify playing and having a decent amount of apps, running in the background. In the future, though I will maybe have more intense apps running on a MacBook. Not really sure though. The problem with the MacBook Air though is that there is no cooling fan and that definitely is essential for every laptop. So that means the MacBook Air will get way hotter more quickly than the MacBook Pro. Not sure which MacBook I should get.

If you are not sure of your computing requirements how can we be? You need to get a computer that satisfies all your computing needs. In your case, not knowing your needs, get the most powerful computer you can afford.

Not Sure Whether to get M3 MacBook Air or M3 Pro MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.