Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Protector?

Ok so I know this may well have been asked before but I recently bought one from play.com (Exspect Matte Screen Protector £4.99) it was awful getting it on to appear without any bubbles even when the screen was completely clean, also it gave my iphone screen a blurry look which was well just not what I wanted really. Anyone know of any decent ones (UK preferably) that are easy to fit and not too expensive.

Thanks 🙂

Dell, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 9:47 AM

ZAGG InvisibleShield or Power Support Crystal Film.
11 replies

Aug 28, 2010 9:30 AM in response to Nathan_b

Power Support protects it from scratches. Zagg has a video that shows them trying to scratch it with keys and even a Dremel they lift up the up the protector and there is not a scratch on the Iphone. I don't see any tests on the Power support site. The Zagg is pretty forgiving you can take it off if you didn't place it properly just remember to keep your fingers wet. They also include a Kit to put it on with.
Check it out it may just change your mind. I'd go with protection as compared to looking pretty.
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

Aug 28, 2010 11:06 AM in response to lsamis

PowerSupport is a great item:
EASY TO APPLY... its forgiving if you don't line it up straight and have to do it over
IT's INVISIBLE...(crystal one) looks just as HD as the retina screen, no air bubbles.
DURABLE....Even the screen protector does not scratch. Its thin, yet firm.
GOOD FIT.. Lines up perfectly with flash, camera and home button
DRY APPLICATION.. No water or any glue just STATIC to hold it to your screen so if you remove it no mess or orange glow.
OLEOPHOBIC... its fingerprint resistant. so yes every once in a while you have to clean it with a microfiber cloth

Comes in 5 different varietys. I've seen the Anti-glare version and it looks great also

Aug 28, 2010 11:51 AM in response to bushman4

bushman4 wrote:
PowerSupport is a great item:
EASY TO APPLY... its forgiving if you don't line it up straight and have to do it over
IT's INVISIBLE...(crystal one) looks just as HD as the retina screen, no air bubbles.
DURABLE....Even the screen protector does not scratch. Its thin, yet firm.
GOOD FIT.. Lines up perfectly with flash, camera and home button
DRY APPLICATION.. No water or any glue just STATIC to hold it to your screen so if you remove it no mess or orange glow.
OLEOPHOBIC... its fingerprint resistant. so yes every once in a while you have to clean it with a microfiber cloth

Comes in 5 different varietys. I've seen the Anti-glare version and it looks great also

I have to agree. I'm using the powersupport HD anti-glare screen protector and I love it. Does not take way the retina display at all (don't know why some people say that it does).

Aug 28, 2010 1:13 PM in response to neuroanatomist

I got the Zagg invisbleshield front for my iPhone 4. I followed the directions, watched all the videos etc. Used their spray.

The application seemed to go ok but within a few days it was peeling at the edges and creating bubbles that had to be smoothed out. I got it at Best Buy and Zagg offers a 45 day money-back guarantee. I took the Zagg off my phone (it peeled off very easily) and took it back to Best Buy. They gave me a hassle and told me it had a lifetime guarantee and to take it up with Zagg. I told them about the 45 day money-back guarantee and they reluctantly took it back.

I've seen videos of removing Zagg and it's supposed to be very difficult to remove. Mine wasn't like that at all. Overall, I was not impressed. I've used screen protectors for my 3GS from Belkin and never had issues like this.

Plus, the Zagg feels sticky and difficult to slide your fingers across at times. It also has an orange peel texture look to it.

Anyway, that was my experience.

Screen Protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.