iPhone 4 suddenly won't connect to iTunes store

On my old iPhone 4, Suddenly Pandora stopped and I can't connect to the iTunes store. Has Apple stopped supporting the iPhone 4?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 7:03 AM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2024 7:54 AM in response to Twincaman

Pandora is using the iTunes Store? I thought Pandora was its own service. You get the app through the App Store. Maybe you can subscribe through Apple.

You don't say what iOS version you are using. Regular iPhone 4 models can only run up to iOS 7. The 4S can run iOS 9. For iCloud in general, iOS 9 is the absolute minimum, but I don't know about the iTunes Store, nor exactly what problem you are having. Pandora says, "Pandora requires iOS 15 or higher* and is only available for listeners within the United States." Sometimes older versions will continue to work but if you have an iOS 7 version then it hasn't been updated in many years and Pandora may have changed something thinking only a small handful of users might still be running iOS 7 (or even iOS 9).

Hard to help with not knowing what the issue is or the system version.

Jun 17, 2024 8:16 AM in response to Limnos

The version is 5.1.1. I never updated it after that because I got an iPhone 6 to replace it when many apps demanded further upgrades. I was afraid that upgrading to newer versions might paralyze it as it did my iPhone 3. It still worked fine playing Pandora and stored music until just yesterday when Pandora quit in the middle of a tune and the iPhone would not connect to iTunes. In the past, I've downloaded old versions of Pandora from the iTunes store that were compatible. I just need to know if I can no longer use it for anything but stored music or if something else has happened.

Jun 17, 2024 9:15 AM in response to Limnos

So I just now updated to os 8 and absolutely no way could I get through the maze of "type the characters in the image" and "type the numbers that you hear". Guess I'll just pitch the thing. I've been pretty disillusioned with Apple since they did away with my iPhone 14's ability to sync with iTunes. They're making things more and more difficult all the time, I think they've lost their MOJO and I'm thinking seriously of switching to an Android phone next go round. The stock is up, probly a good time to unload.

iPhone 4 suddenly won't connect to iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.