Cannot add Boots Advantage Card to Apple Wallet

I have seen this question asked several times before but have yet to see a solution.

I'm aware that anyone outside the UK may not be familiar with this loyalty card so here's a brief overview.

The Advantage card is a digital loyalty card for the retailer Boots.

Boots have an iOS app and from within the app you can add the card to your Apple Wallet.

I had successfully added the card on a previous iPhone X but when I upgraded to my iPhone 15 the card details did not tranfser over.

Through the Boots app I attempted to add the card again and received the following error message within the app.

'Advantage Card has already been added to a Wallet on an Apple account. Cards can only be linked to one account at a time.'

As the loyalty card number hasn't changed nor I have changed email address for my Apple ID this makes no sense.

The card does not appear in my expired list - so I cannot manually remove it.

Deleting the Boot app and reinstalling it makes no difference.

Any ideas to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 7:39 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2024 8:23 AM in response to sjswood68

try the following steps:

1. Remove Old Card from iCloud:

- Visit Apple's Apple ID account page and sign in with your Apple ID.

- Look for any connected devices or cards that might be linked to your account and remove the old iPhone or the old Boots Advantage Card if you see it listed.

2. Remove Wallet Data from Old Device:

- If you still have access to your old iPhone X, open the Wallet app and remove the Boots Advantage Card manually.

- Go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Manage Storage > Wallet and delete any Wallet data related to the old device.

3. Contact Boots Customer Support:

- Reach out to Boots customer service for assistance. Explain the issue and ask if they can reset your card so it can be added to your new device. Sometimes, they can clear the association on their end.

4. Reset Apple Wallet:

- In your iPhone 15, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.

- Remove any cards if you have other ones added.

- Restart your phone and try adding the Boots Advantage Card again through the Boots app.

5. Check for App and iOS Updates:

- Make sure both the Boots app and your iPhone's iOS are updated to the latest versions. Sometimes updates fix compatibility issues.

6. Reinstall Boots App:

- Delete the Boots app from your new iPhone 15.

- Restart your phone.

- Reinstall the Boots app from the App Store and log in again.

If none of these steps work, your best bet is to contact both Apple Support and Boots Customer Service for further assistance. They might be able to provide a more specific solution based on the exact nature of the issue.

Cannot add Boots Advantage Card to Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.