Request Cannot Be Processed At This Time

My mother purchased an Apple Watch Ultra 2 for me in January. During the set up, I used my Dad’s old Apple ID. My watch began to glitch out and auto-input (as if I was tapping the screen) in May. It was reacting to texts randomly and when I’d try to turn it off it would activate the emergency SOS. I was at work so I quickly unpaired it from my phone so it would stop.

When I tried to pair it to my phone from a backup, I get through the process until it comes to “sign in to FaceTime”. It asks me to sign into my dad’s old Apple ID. When I input the password it states “the Apple ID is no longer valid”. I’ve tried putting in my Apple ID, and going to the Apple Store for help twice now with no luck. The store employees direct me to submit a “reset verification request” online.

I’ve submitted “reset verification” requests twice now (including the receipt from purchase and all store info in my request). I’d get an email with a case number and both times, about two weeks after submission and case number email, I’d get an email stating “your request cannot be processed at this time”.

I loved my Apple Watch, but now it’s just a $800 paperweight. What can I do to get assistance?

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 8:11 AM

1 reply

Request Cannot Be Processed At This Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.