How to turn off "iphone lost or stolen" status

someone stole my iphone, so i went to the apple store and got a new one. They put a status of "iphone lost or stolen" on my account. I have an esim card. The device was returned by a mircale the following day. All of my personal photos did not back up to the icloud, so I lost everything. All of that data is on my old phone.

I simply want to turn off the "iphone reported lost or stolen" flag. Apple is saying that I have to turn that status off, but when I try that, it says "erase pending request for this iphone cannot be modified". How can I turn off the erase pending request? Ive called support and been to the apple store several times, and this is the very last step to get me back into my old iphone to keep my photos.

please help. my entire life is on this phone!!!

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 9:45 AM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2024 10:01 AM in response to aga115

Read about how to use Lost Mode in Find Devices on iCloud.com

Use Lost Mode in Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support

When you find your lost device, do either of the following to turn off Lost Mode:

- You can turn off Lost Mode by entering your passcode on the device.

- In Find Devices on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device that’s in Lost Mode. Click Lost Mode, click Stop Lost Mode, then click Stop Lost Mode again.

Unless Apple can do something about the pending erase there is certainly nothing anybody on this forum can do about it (we do not work for Apple and can only provide advice). Did you make a computer backup?

Have you tried signing into the old device?

How to turn off "iphone lost or stolen" status

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.