iPhone doesn't receive SMS texts but iPad and computer do receive them

When a friend with an android phone texts me, my iPhone (with iOS 17.5) does not receive them. (- nor does my watch, which mirrors my phone.) However, both my iPad and MacBook pro (both connected to wifi) does receive them). I have the same apple ID for all of them. I do receive verification codes from businesses and websites on the phone, so some texts are getting through. The phone does receive and send phone calls. (This person is not blocked.) This problem is a new one - it happened after I spent a month in Ireland with a European eSIM card, with my Verizon SIM turned off. I have deleted the foreign eSim card, reset the Verizon connection and restarted the phone. What can I do to start receiving SMS messages?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 11:45 AM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2024 12:50 PM in response to malachite

Well, your iPhone is receiving them. An iPad or computer has no capability to receive SMS; it can only receive SMS using the cellular connection of your iPhone. So you need to find why your iPhone is not displaying your texts, and is only forwarding them to your iPad an MBP. If you open Messages you should see “Filter” in the upper left. Tap on it, and tap All Messages.

iPhone doesn't receive SMS texts but iPad and computer do receive them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.