iPad Air 3gen turned off while charging at night and I has not been able to turn it on.

I followed all the steps suggested on-line as well as over the phone with Apple representative. I was then suggested to bring my device to the local repair store, but was told by a worker there that there is no such thing as iPad repair anymore and it is better to purchase a new iPad.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 2:09 PM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2024 3:27 PM in response to JenyaL

For practical purposes, in lieu of repairing and returning your own iPad, Apple usually exchange a qualifying iPad for a renewed/refurbished iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange is the same as would otherwise be charged for repair. Unless you have benefit of an active AppleCare plan, an out-of-warranty repair while expensive will be somewhat less than the cost of a replacement iPad.

As for out-of-warranty repair costs, Apple offers a fixed-price price repair. You can verify eligibility and cost for your region/country here:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

If you have an active AppleCare+ plan, the cost of repair is reduced to a small excess/deductible fee.

iPad Air 3gen turned off while charging at night and I has not been able to turn it on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.